Monday, August 6, 2007

Greek Course Goes On Without Me

I came down with a bad cold on Tuesday, the day before the Greek course started. I survived the first three days of the course, teaching for most of 6 hours each day. I thought the weekend would give me a chance to rest up and get over it, but it steadily got worse on Saturday, and by Sunday it was clear I had a sinus infection.

So I contacted the three mentors who are helping with the course and asked if they could cover for me on Monday. I saw the doctor and started taking meds. She said I could go back on Tuesday if I was up to it. I'm so thankful for these assistants and all they're doing to help the course run smoothly.

One of the biggest reasons I don't want to be out for more than this one day is that 5 new students arrived late to the course over the weekend. They had to travel all night by boat and all day by vehicle to get to the course. It's going to be tough for them to catch up after missing the first three days of an intensive course, but we'll help them be successful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zephyr,
We are excited about this blog! We can be more direct and specific with our prayers. Glad to hear you are on the mend!
In Him,
Your collegiate / Floridian friends!

Zephyr said...

Thanks for being excited about the blog and for your prayers!
Zephyr